NO. 109 @ Walkersons
About Upwood House
Upwood, NO. 109 @ Walkersons, is a stunning luxury house on the Exclusive Walkersons Estate. It looks over 2 large dams, and you are likely to be serenaded by the call of the Fish Eagles resident on those dams. As a guest on the Estate, you have access to 12 dams, please abide by the Estate Rules and Regulations whilst fishing or enjoying the facilities on the Estate.
Upwood House can sleep 8 persons, with 4 bedrooms, and is ideal for 2 families, or a group of friends.
It offers luxury accommodation, combined with easy indoor/outdoor living, with all the rooms opening onto the central courtyard, with large sliding glass doors.
The informal dining and sitting area features an indoor built-in braai, a gas braai and a Weber. while the central courtyard has a firepit, perfect for lazy evenings around an open fire.
The house has 2 full lounges, with DSTV in both, 2 eating areas, a magnificent modern kitchen, quirky designs in the bathrooms, and top quality linen on all the beds.
All the entertainment areas have Morso stoves for warmth, as does the master bedroom. Heaters are provided in all the other bedrooms. The whole property features beautiful plants filling corners, and providing scent from a multitude of jasmine plants.
Large double garage ensures covered parking for at least one vehicle.
Serviced on a daily basis
- Main ensuite bedroom upstairs, with full bathroom and Morso Fireplace in bedroom
- Second ensuite bedroom, with shower ensuite, downstairs.
- 2 twin bedrooms, with inter-leading bathroom, with shower and bath; recommended for one adult or 2 children each, as second bed is a pull out bed; although normal size, it is lower
- TV lounge with Morso fireplace, conveniently situated downstairs, next to the “childrens” bedrooms, with sliding windows opening out onto the central courtyard (full DSTV)
- Well equipped, modern kitchen, for 8, with counter separating kitchen from dining area and small sitting area, with Morso fireplace.
- This area opens onto the enclosed outdoor area, with firepit
- Additional guest WC between this area, and formal sitting area
- Second formal sitting area with full DSTV
- Indoor braai area, with dining table, and additional sitting area. This room can be completely opened up onto the central courtyard, and looks down over the 2 large dams in front of the house
- Fishing available in 12 dams on the Estate
- House fully serviced
Meals on request, prepared in the house fresh for you.
Breakfast: R75-00 per person
Scrambled /Fried eggs with tomato, mushroom and sausages Omelettes with cheese or mushroom filling Flapjacks
Muffins or Croissants
Fruit salad and yoghurt
Dinner: R75.00 per person Beef Lasagne
Lamb Potjie Beef/Chicken Curry Chicken/ Pepper Steak Pie
Dinners will be served with a side such as salad or roasted veggies
- Indoor fireplace
- Equipped kitchen
- BBQ / Braai
- Satellite TV (DSTV)
- Bird watching
- Mountain biking
- Hiking or trail running
This is a 5 star rated house by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa in the Self-Catering – Exclusive category. 07 March 2017.