Welcome To An Exclusive Private Piece Of Heaven! Troutwoods is an un-spoilt panoramic trout environments in the Dullstroom area, near Machadadorp, just off the N4.
The chalet accommodation includes:
- 2 bedrooms fully equipped with bedding and fireplaces.
- 2 additional single fold out mattresses, bedding provided
- 2 bathrooms – one with toilet, shower, basin and bath and the second with bath, outside shower, basin and toilet for the convenience of kids.
- Lounge area equipped with internal braai / fireplace.
- Fully equipped Kitchen.
- Outside veranda and braai facility.
- Pet friendly, but please note that there is livestock and game on the farm; if your dogs are likely to attack any livestock, we regret that they will not be welcomed.
Set on an active, productive, working yet model like “animal farm” called Valkfontein, this beautiful setting allows for a wonderful family or small group getaway. Here there is just one chalet available for guests that guarantees peace and quiet, away from the busy fast pace life elsewhere. The chalet is nestled in amongst large old Blue gum trees with a panoramic savanna grassland surrounding the lodge. Apart from cattle, sheep, chickens and goats that you may hear in the background at times, you will find tranquility for your soul.
Valkfontein farm offers two magnificent dams that are fed by a pristine spring water stream that flows strongly all year round. This is pure spring water as you’ve never tasted before! Host to Zebra, Rebok, Springbok, Blesbuck and Black Wildebeest that can be seen on occasion in the distance and at the dams in the evenings when drinking. Valkfontein together with its old farm house, farming infrastructure and Animals, is meticulously maintained and superbly operated in a relaxed fashion that blends in with its surrounds.
Great stay and fantastic location. The touches from the owner around fresh milk, farm eggs, mozzarella cheese and black pepper feta was extremely tasteful and thoughtful.
(4 Adults and 2 Children)