Golf and Trout Estate
Ernie Els Signature Golf Course
Focal to the Highland Gate Golf and Trout Estate is the Ernie Els Signature Golf Course, designed with golfers of all abilities in mind. The pristine course takes advantage of the dramatic natural terrain and vegetation that the site has to offer, a mix of Highveld grasslands, stone ‘koppies’ inherent to the Dullstroom area, natural water features and sweeping changes in elevation. The Highland Gate Golf Course is unlike any other course in South Africa, offering a technically superior golfing experience amidst some of the most spectacular scenery in the country.
It features one of the most sought-after championship Ernie Els golf courses and is widely considered to be Africa’s most exclusive golf and fly-fishing resort. Walking trails and biking tracks meander through the rolling hills of the Steenkampsberg mountain range, and with high altitude fresh air and a misty climate, it is reminiscent of the Scottish Highlands. The large Clubhouse house a fully equipped pro-shop, pub and country-style restaurant. Home to the three endangered cranes, a vast variety of wild flowers and rare species of mammals; Highland Gate is a true paradise for the nature lover.
The Estate property is over 700 hectares in size, and only thirty percent of which is actually being developed. The remainder of the property is left in its natural state for residents to enjoy the environmental attractions it has to offer. Highland Gate will allow its homeowners access to magnificent and abundant trout fishing opportunities, in the natural weirs, streams and dams that punctuate the estate. The noble art of fly-fishing will provide hours of relaxation and release.
- 18 hole Golf Course by Ernie Els,
- Trout Fishing Dams, Hiking Trails, Mountain Bike Tracks, Clubhouse, Bird Watching
Check out the Video on the top of the page if you’d like to have a glimpse of how beautiful the Highland Gate Golf course is.
DIRECTIONS from GAUTENG:
- Travel from Johannesburg or Pretoria towards Witbank. Continue on the N4 through the tollgate and past Middelburg.
- About 30 minutes after Middelburg turn left off the N4 onto the Belfast / Dullstroom road.
- After about 3km you will be in the town of Belfast.
- Take the 3rd road to the right at the Toyota garage, towards Dullstroom.
- Continue 30km towards Dullstroom. Take the Kruisfontein Rd (T5) right, just before you enter Dullstroom Town. (You will see the Bird of Prey Rehabilitation Centre on the corner.)
- Continue down the Kruisfontein Rd approx. 14km and the Highland Gate Estate will be on your right.